Health and Wellness Coaching
Do you wish to heal from chronic pain and fatigue? Would you like to stop negative thoughts, burnout and stress, and find energy, serenity and confidence? Do you want to feel in charge of your health and life again?
A Certified Health & Wellness Coach, I am also a Psychology graduate
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going” —Jim Rohn
location + languages
I offer online consultations and in-person sessions in the Vilseck & Grafenwoehr area. I am fluent in English and French.
your wellness journey
Your wellbeing is a destination
Sometimes your objectives seem far and difficult to reach, if not impossible. My role as your coach is to help you define your destination, clear up the path, and discover what tools you already have in your backpack so you can take the map that will lead to your ideal life and wellbeing.
what is health & wellness coaching for?
There are times in our life we need a push to
Overcome barriers and limitations — Find work/life balance — Find purpose — Live with joy and gratitude — Transcend PCS and expatriation — Defeat unhappiness at work or in life — Increase self-confidence and self-awareness — Manage emotions — Improve communication and relationships — Manage stress and anxiety — Build a strong and fit body — Restore energy and vitality — Feed our body balanced healthy meals — Heal from burnout — Parent joyfully — Restore calm and serenity — Adopt a healthy lifestyle — Feel good in our skin — Increase self-esteem — Practice self-care — Manage weight — Manage chronic pain — Find relief from autoimmune diseases — Decrease brain fog — Participate actively in our health plan — Increase compliance to medical and therapeutic treatments
If you do not take care of your body, where will you live?
HOW DOES WELLBEING COACHING WORKS?
My Coaching Process
Coaching is not like a one-time-fix-all medical consultation, but rather a gradual evolution, a transformation process. For that reason, in addition to being open to change, one must also take the time. Time for introspection and self-discovery. The 3-months length is therefore not chosen by chance, it is this rather the length of time proven to be needed to fully experiment with new strategies, build new life habits that stand the test of time, and to start seeing lasting results. My coaching methodology is built on 3 pillars:
Listening & support
Do you feel like friends and family do not listen to you. Or even hear you? As your life, health and wellbeing coach, I offer you all my attention, in the absence of judgement, with compassion and kindness. I am trained in mindful listening. Unwanted advice? Not here. As a coach, I advise only when required. During our sessions, you are in a safe and supportive space with a trained professional.
Discovery & investigation
First, through the principles of appreciative inquiry, together we investigate and evaluate your personal qualities and the strengths that will help you surpass yourself. Then, based on your values, we establish a personal health plan that is grounded, reachable and audacious.
Reflexion & introspection
Finally we collaborate to create objectives that encourage your sense of competence, self-efficacy and self-confidence. To do that I also hold you accountable and offer direct feedback. For instance I do not shy away from questioning the limiting thoughts and beliefs that might hinder your progress. I also share ideas, tools, strategies and readings whenever needed or requested.
WHAT IS HEALTH & WELLNESS COACHING?
What does a Health and Wellbeing Coach do?
A Health and Wellbeing Coach will:
- Work with you to define a vision of your ideal state of health and wellbeing based on your values, priorities and needs;
- Help you uncover and expand your strengths;
- Listen to you and ask insightful questions;
- Promote self-acceptance, self-respect and self-esteem;
- Energise and challenge you to reach higher at the right moment;
- Celebrate your successes;
- Show you how to coach yourself so you can replicate your successes;
- Helps you overcome your personal barriers and limitations or negative thinking;
- Is kind-hearted, supportive and compassionate;
- Offers a safe space free of judgment;
- Encourages independence and autonomy;
- Encourages self-efficacy - the trust that you can accomplish things on your own;
- Offers education, guidance and ideas only when desired or necessary
Do you guarantee confidentiality?
I am an independent practitioner and I am not linked to any governmental agency. In sessions with me you have a right for privacy and confidentiality.
For this reason, our sessions and messages take place on encrypted platforms or in private spaces.
Is teleconsultation as efficient as face-to-face sessions?
Short answer is: yes, it is!
The concern is usually that consultations online will not be as personable than consultations in person. It is true for example that body language is not as easy to detect on the screen. This issue can be mitigated by ensuring a quality video, lighting conditions, and making appropriate use of silence. I also offer a 30' free discovery call so you can see if it would work for you.
Teleconsultation does actually offer a few advantages compared to in-person sessions:
- it is accessible to people who otherwise could not access such services locally;
- it saves time (no driving, no traveling);
- it is more convenient (it allows you to have a session from the comfort of your own home or office);
- it often is more affordable.
The efficiency of telehealth has been proven through mutliples studies. Those studies show that the benefits of CBT therapy online is equal to those of therapy face-to-face. The same goes for coaching, where teleconsultation is more the norm.
Here are a couple of articles on this topic:
Wellbeing Coach vs Psychologist
Warning: Coaching is not a substitute for psychotherapy, or psychiatric or medical treatments
Coaching vs Psychotherapy
Coaching and Psychotherapy are two complementary methodologies that correspond to different stages of well-being. When someone is in depression, they need the expertise of a mental health professional (psychologist or psychotherapist or counselor) in order to regain their initial balance and state of well-being.
The coach however, intervenes when someone wants to grow and journey towards their ideal of health and well-being. Wherever the Psychotherapist often focuses and works on the past, the coach focuses and works on the future.
The coach thus works as a complement to health experts (doctors, therapists). S.he takes the time --where the doctor often doesn't have it, to find strategies in order to support patient's objectives. S.he supports his/her client's expertise, and will help him/her follow the plan put in place by the experts in order to increase the patient's compliance to treatment.
Health Coach vs Fitness Coach
Warning: Coaching is not a substitute for mediacl treatment or psychotherapy!
Health Coaching vs Fitness Coach
A fitness coach is an expert in fitness who will create an action plan for you in order to reach a particular fitness goal. The fitness coach directs, advises and shares his expertise.
The health coach on the other hand, listens. S.he accepts and encourages your expertise about your health, wellbeing and goals. Through coaching tools and methodologies, s.he supports your objectives and works collaboratively to create your personalized health and wellbeing plan, and define your short and long term goals afterwards. Those are objectives you chose and that you will be able to reach on your own, and maintain in the long term.
The objective of the health coach is to motivate you, to encourage you, to support and enable your action steps. S.he only advise or guide when and if the client feels stuck or asks for it explicitly.
What are my responsibilities as a client?
- Firslty, to engage to complete 3-months of wellness coaching ( for 3 month-plan);
- Next, to complete a Wellbeing Assessment;
- Thirdly, to engage and participate in sessions and be an actor of their health (vs a patient seeing an expert for advice) for a minimum of 5 coaching sessions;
- Later, sessions can be planned weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
- Finally, it is primordial to keep an open mind, and invite and be open to Change (as it is the main goal!)
How do coaching sessions work?
- Initial coaching session (60-90 min.): First we review the Wellbeing Assessment and develop your personal Wellness Vision. Then we identify your priorities, strengths, and obstacles. After that we develop a personal wellness plan with 3-month and weekly goals, and set up your first steps.
- Weekly/monthly sessions (30-40 min.): We then meet virtually or in-person to review progress towards client goals, explore challenges, find new possibilities/strategies, and set new achievable objecives for the next week.
- 3-months review: At that time we will assess progress and celebrate your successes!
Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today
Benjmain Franklin had it right! Ask now for your free discovery call or book a session today!