How can you prepare for your online session?
How do I start my coaching?
It is simple. Just follow these 3 steps.
FILL IN THE FORM
Pick a service and fill in the contact form so I can contact you.
You may also call me directly. I do not answer the phone during sessions in order to be fully present for my clients when I am with them, so leave your phone number and a short message and I will call back as soon as I am available.
SCHEDULE A SESSION
Schedule a time with me or pick a time directly on the Healthie scheduling portal (a HIPAA platform for health professionals) on the link above.
A discovery call is about 30′ long. Your first coaching session will be 1h30 or can be cut in shorter pieces to accommodate you. Single consultations are about 60 minutes long.
AGREE & PREPAY
If it is your first time coaching with me, I will send you the wellness assessment and a consultation or coaching agreement with the payment info. Payment may be divided and paid on a schedule. Please enquire about my payment plans.
For single or follow-up sessions, payment can be made before or after the session.
Our sessions are completely confidential. I respect both the deontology of the coach and that of the Psychologist.
What to expect:
- 30 min. for the Discovery Call;
- 90 min. for the discussion of your Wellness Assessment (10′ questionnaire) + creation of your “Wellness vision” (can be cut in 2);
- 45 min./ weekly session;
- 60 min./ (bi-)monthly session (or referral from Lepsychologue.be)
NB: I aim to stay flexible about length of session in order to encourage introspection 🙂
Location: locally in Vilseck and Grafenwoehr area / Online in teleconference with Zoom, WhatsApp or on the Healthie portal.
Rate: see programs (see below for payment).
How to ensure a fruitful teleconsultation?
Online consultations follow the same framework and guidelines as in person sessions.
For a productive session online, thank you for ensuring you have:
- a fast internet connection and a reliable computer;
- good quality sound speakers or headphones;
- a good quality video camera and appropriate lighting;
- a calm space, free of distractions and noise;
- a space where you feel safe and secure and where you can talk in all confidentiality.
1:1 PERSONALIZED COACHING PROGRAM
I offer a 3-months or a 6-months plan to start and see results. Once you have achieved your first 3-months goals, you can then follow-up with maintenance sessions biweekly or monthly, or even schedule 1 session at a time.
NUTRITION & WELLNESS GUIDES
At this moment I have a PDF with 7 anti-inflammatory breakfast recipes that you can download for free.
GROUP COACHING PROGRAM
I will be creating wrokshops and group coaching for chronic pain and/or anxiety in order to reduce price and enjoy the power of community!
Interested? Let me know which topic you would like to see. Ask to go on the waiting list here!
WHAT IS HEALTH & WELLNESS COACHING?
Do you guarantee confidentiality?
Yes, of course!
I am an independent practitioner and I am not linked to any governmental agency. In sessions with me you have a right to privacy and complete confidentiality.
As a Coach and as a Clinical Psychologist, I offer neutral and professional help in a benevolent and confidential setting according to both the Coach and the Belgian Psychologists Code of Deontology.
For this reason, our sessions and messages take place on encrypted platforms or in private spaces.
What does a Health and Wellbeing Coach do?
A Health and Wellbeing Coach will:
- Work with you to define a vision of your ideal state of health and wellbeing based on your values, priorities and needs;
- Help you uncover and expand your strengths;
- Listen to you and ask insightful questions;
- Promote self-acceptance, self-respect and self-esteem;
- Energise and challenge you to reach higher at the right moment;
- Celebrate your successes;
- Show you how to coach yourself so you can replicate your successes;
- Helps you overcome your personal barriers and limitations or negative thinking;
- Is kind-hearted, supportive and compassionate;
- Offers a safe space free of judgment;
- Encourages independence and autonomy;
- Encourages self-efficacy – the trust that you can accomplish things on your own;
- Offers education, guidance and ideas only when desired or necessary
Is teleconsultation as efficient as face-to-face sessions?
Short answer is: yes, it is!
The efficiency of telehealth has been proven through mutliples studies. Those studies show that the benefits of CBT therapy online is equal to those of CBT therapy face-to-face. The same goes for coaching, where teleconsultation is a ;ore common occurence.
Here are a couple of articles on this topic:
The concern is usually that consultations online will not be as comfortable and personable as consultations face-to-face. It can be true for example that body language is less easy to detect on screen. This issue can however be mitigated by ensuring a quality video, lighting conditions, and making appropriate use of silence. I also offer a 30′ free discovery call so you can see if this will work for you.
All-in-all, online consultation does actually offer a few advantages compared to in-person session:
– it is accessible to people who otherwise could not access such services locally;
– it saves time (no traveling back and forth);
– it is more convenient (it allows you to have a session from the comfort of your own home or office);
– it often is more affordable;
– it better respects your privacy and health (no meeting people on the street, in hallways or waiting rooms).
Wellbeing Coach vs Psychologist
Warning: Coaching is not a substitute for psychotherapy, or psychiatric or medical treatments
Coaching vs Psychotherapy
Coaching and Psychotherapy are two complementary methodologies that correspond to different stages of well-being. When someone is in depression, they need the expertise of a mental health professional (psychologist or psychotherapist or counselor) in order to regain their initial balance and state of well-being.
The coach however, intervenes when someone wants to grow and journey towards their ideal of health and well-being. Wherever the Psychotherapist often focuses and is trained to go dig deep to work on someone’s past, the coach focuses more and works on building the future.
The coach thus works as a complement to health experts (doctors, therapists). S.he takes the time –where the doctor often doesn’t have it, to find strategies in order to support the patient’s objectives. S.he supports his/her client’s expertise, and will help him/her follow the plan put in place by the experts in order to increase the patient’s compliance to treatment.
Health Coach vs Fitness Coach
Warning: Coaching is not a substitute for mediacl treatment or psychotherapy!
Health Coaching vs Fitness Coach
A fitness coach is an expert in fitness who will create an action plan for you in order to reach a particular fitness goal. The fitness coach directs, advises and shares his expertise.
The health coach on the other hand, listens. S.he accepts and encourages your expertise about your health, wellbeing and goals. Through coaching tools and methodologies, s.he supports your objectives and works collaboratively to create your personalized health and wellbeing plan, and define your short and long term goals afterwards. Those are objectives you chose and that you will be able to reach on your own, and maintain in the long term.
The objective of the health coach is to motivate you, to encourage you, to support and enable your action steps. S.he only advise or guide when and if the client feels stuck or asks for it explicitly.
What are my responsibilities as a client?
- Firslty, to engage to complete 3-months of wellness coaching ( for 3 month-plan);
- Next, to complete a Wellbeing Assessment;
- Thirdly, to engage and participate in sessions and be an actor of their health (vs a patient seeing an expert for advice) for a minimum of 5 coaching sessions;
- Later, sessions can be planned weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
- Finally, it is primordial to keep an open mind, and invite and be open to Change (as it is the main goal!)
How do coaching sessions work?
- Initial coaching session (60-90 min.): First we review the Wellbeing Assessment and develop your personal Wellness Vision. Then we identify your priorities, strengths, and obstacles. After that we develop a personal wellness plan with 3-month and weekly goals, and set up your first steps.
- Weekly/monthly sessions (30-40 min.): We then meet virtually or in-person to review progress towards client goals, explore challenges, find new possibilities/strategies, and set new achievable objecives for the next week.
- 3-months review: At that time we will assess progress and celebrate your successes!
Are you ready to find support on your health and wellness journey?
Please fill in this contact form and let me know how you would like to start!